A fusible plug is a safety device designed to prevent catastrophic failures in pressure vessels, boilers, or other systems that contain pressurized fluids. It typically consists of a hollow metal plug containing a fusible material with a lower melting point than the surrounding materials. In the event of excessive temperature or pressure, the fusible material melts, creating an opening through which the pressure is released. This controlled release helps prevent a more significant failure, such as an explosion. Fusible plugs are critical safety components, commonly used in steam boilers and similar applications to safeguard against dangerous pressure build-ups
Fusible Plug is a heat sensitive, thermally operated, non-reclosing pressure relief devices
- Fusible Plug is a heat sensitive, thermally operated, non-reclosing pressure relief devices
- Its function is melting of alloy with increasing temperature of the fluid in vessel beyond limit.
- Dry All has two types of Fusible Plug:
- Fuses at temperature of 110 ℃
- Fuses at temperature and 221℃
- We can install it on Oil Separators as well as on Receivers